Sign up to receive the latest news and promotions
Annual Reno NV Events
The Latest Festivals and More
The city hosts a number of events and festivals throughout the year and our downtown hotels are situated within easy proximity of them all. Browse annual Reno NV events below for an overview of what you can expect from this electrifying city of luck and luxury. And be sure to check back often for new Reno festivals and happenings in the downtown area and nearby.
- Elvis to the Max: Elvis to the Max is a tribute show to the King celebrated all weekend long. Elvis impersonators everywhere are invited to celebrate this weekend bash with pub stops at Circus Circus, Eldorado, and Silver Legacy. The bash is also celebrated with karaoke, a costume contest, and an Elvis tribute contest.
- Super Bowl Parties: Super Bowl mania is celebrated right here in Reno with numerous places to cheer on your favorite team.
- Reno Jazz Festival: The Reno Jazz Festival is recognized as one of the biggest jazz festivals in the country. Since its inception in 1962, the festival and its sponsor, the University of Nevada, Reno, have hosted some of the best jazz students, musicians and educators in the country.
- Reno Film Festival: Witness four days of films, competitions, workshops, and parties and maybe even spot a celebrity or two at the Reno Film Festival, one of the most treasured events in Reno.
- Hot August Nights Spring Fever Revival Classic Car Show: Twist and shout your way back to the '60s & '70s for a weekend of classic cars and Rock 'n' Roll music in downtown Reno. Enjoy food and beverage booths, vendors, live entertainment, classic cars, show 'n' shine and more! Enter the Classic Car Show for a chance to win awards! Interested car enthusiasts can register cars and pick-ups that were built in 1972 and older, either American or European.
- Reno River Festival: This spring festival, centered at the Truckee River Whitewater Park, includes adventures both in and out of the water. From kayaking to rafting, the wet and wild action never stops!
- Reno Rodeo: June 20 - 29 - Hosted by The Reno Livestock Events Center, this rodeo show is the 4th richest PRCA event on the circuit. So saddle up and see it for yourself.
- BBQ, Brews, and Blues Festival: The Great Eldorado BBQ, Brews & Blues Festival is a two-day event that brings non-stop music, finger-licking flavor, and craft beers to downtown.
- Artown: Celebrate arts and culture in Northern Nevada at one of the most imaginative Reno festivals, featuring dozens of mostly free events and performances throughout July.
- Fourth of July in Reno: Watch the skies light up as bright as the assortment of downtown casinos in Reno’s July 4th celebration, taking place in Reno, Sparks, Lake Tahoe, Carson City, Virginia City.
- Biggest Little City Wing Fest: July 4 - 6 - Silver Legacy presents the 12th annual Biggest Little City Wing Fest. This is the spiciest, most affordable festival to hit Reno all year. Sample the best sauces, taste top-notch wings as the best in the business compete for poultry pride.
- Reno-Tahoe Open: Reno’s annual PGA tournament draws numerous top-ranked players and supports a variety of Northern Nevada charities.
- Hot August Nights: August 6 - 11 - Experience the biggest, hottest Reno event, filling one hot summer weeks with thousands of classic cars and tens of thousands of visitors. Various venues feature car-related activities and big-name entertainment throughout the city. Also as part of the event, the first-ever Hot August Nights Auction Presented by Barrett-Jackson, will be held at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, August 8 through 10.
- Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off: The Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off is not only the country’s best rib competition, but a must-attend culinary, music, craft, and family end-of-summer affair.
- The Great Reno Balloon Race: September 6 - 8 - Each morning of this event, over 100 hot air balloons lift off from Rancho San Rafael Park, filling the sky with blobs of color in the dawn light, an incredible sight to behold.
- National Championship Reno Air Races and Air Show: September 11 - 15 - The first air races were in 1964, and except for being suspended in 2011, have been held every year since. This Reno event has grown in scope and popularity, attracting thousands of people annually.
- Street Vibrations: September 25 - 29 - Head to Virginia Street and be immersed in the sounds of thousands of Harleys during the sixth largest motorcycle event in the country.
- Eldorado Great Italian Festival: October 12 - 13 - Witness Downtown Reno transform into Italy during this unique Reno, NV event, accompanied by great food from old family recipes, traditional music and a grape-stomping contest.
- Reno Celtic Celebration: Games, Irish dancing, bagpipes, and plenty of delicious food and drink make for a day of fun as Reno temporarily becomes the Scottish Highlands.
- Santa Pub Crawl: The Santa Pub Crawl is a local charity fundraiser that benefits local schools and every year thousands of Santa’s head downtown to enjoy good spirits at the largest Pub Crawl in the West.